As Countryside Christian School expanded its high school program, the community realized that not all students would benefit from a purely academic approach. Instead, Howard Lichty was invited to carry out his dream of a robust shop program.
In this video, Howard describes the emphases of the program, and offers his thoughts on running an effective shop program even in a very small school.
CONTRIBUTOR: Howard Lichty
- Preparing Students to Serve: Why We Have Co-op
- A Different Type of Learning Environment: How We Set Up Our Co-op Program
- At School at Work: How to Make the Most out of Co-op
- Hospitality Takes on a New Dimension: Our Home-Ec Program
- What Do We Want High School to Be? Shop Class at Countryside, Part One
- Equipping Today's Student: Shop Class at Countryside, Part Two
- Priorities for High School: Making Electives Manageable