The Christian school doesn’t have a direct Scriptural mandate, says pastor Glen Jantzi. Still, the school can be a trusted partner in the work of nurture that is the responsibility of the church and the homes.
In this video, Glen describes the values and practices that allow a school to contribute to the work of the church:
- Teachers and staff should be committed Christians modeling the life and love of Jesus Christ and the beliefs and values of the church and home.
- All subjects should be taught from a biblical perspective and reflect biblical principles.
- Schools should provide guidance and direction in choosing their vocations.
- The environment outside the classroom should support and build godly character. Lying, anger, and bad attitudes should not be permitted.
- Schools can contribute by providing leadership training, such as speech class, and mission exposure.
CONTRIBUTOR: Glen Jantzi