- Valentine Party —I took this time to invite the students’ moms to spend the afternoon with us, playing games and having a snack. The students enjoyed helping to decorate our classroom. I also made a Hershey Kiss rose for them to take along.
- Do school kits or care packs for other countries.
- Make butter. We shook heavy whipping cream in a jar and made We enjoyed it on homemade bread and crackers.
- Earn supplies to go on a picnic. They earned things such as bread, jelly, peanut butter, juice bottles, plates, and Oreos. Then we went by a river and had a picnic.
- Snow fun—Mix water and food coloring in a spray bottle. Paint pictures on the snow.
- Career Day—I had students come dressed up as a farmer, policeman, nurse, baker, and builder.
- Learning the “A”sound—I read the book Johnny Appleseed while they munched on apples and wore a kettle on their heads.
- Cooked lobsters—They really enjoyed watching it change color and eating it.
- Make a replica. We made replica of our school and outside buildings, using small boxes and popsicle sticks.
- Make a simple snack mix to give to older folks at church.
- Write a story using stickers in place of some words.They really enjoyed this type of story writing.
- Make personal pizzas for lunch.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: LaFaye Weaver