This is the text of a protest published in 1688 by four Quakers, called by Wikipedia “the first protest against African-American slavery made by a religious body in the English colonies.”
Download this document now or read it below.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Kendall Myers
- Syllabus for Church History
- Final Project Grading Rubric
- The Germantown Protest against Slavery
- Schleitheim Confession and Congregational Order (Full Text with Footnotes)
- Revised Amish Mennonite History by Goering
- Schleitheim Confession (Condensed Version)
- Critique of the The Church in History by B K Kuiper
- Final Project Assignment
- The Anabaptist Vision
- Spreading Anabaptist Tree
- The Amish Deserve No Mocking
- Recommended Resources for Church History Class