James lives in Bridgewater, Virginia with his wife LaShonda and their son Jimmy. James works at Christian Light as a curriculum editor and project manager, and previously taught eight years at Hickory Hollow Christian School in Dayton, Virginia.
Over his eight years of teaching, James has taught almost every subject, but he especially loves teaching chemistry and literature. In his spare time, he enjoys reading books he picks up at thrift stores and riding his bike in the mountains. James believes that all knowledge and truth is from God and that we can see the fingerprints of God all around us. He is passionate about learning, and tries to show his students the fulfillment that comes from working hard and learning something new.
- How to Write a Research Paper, Part 1: Assigning a Research Paper
- Writing a Research Paper, Part 2: Intermediate Assignments
- Writing a Research Paper, Part 3: Citing Sources and Plagiarism
- Developing Effective Study Skills
- How to Read: Improving Reading Comprehension
- How to to Take Good Notes
- Organizational Systems for Teachers
- Climbing inside His Skin
- ¿Lo Entiendes? How Your Students Can Understand What They Read
- Do You Understand? Strategies for Reading Comprehension (with "The Golden Windows")