In large part, we are today the product of what happened during the “Great Awakening,” says Edsel. He discusses salvation and ethics in Peter Burkholder’s Nine Reflections, available here. How we are saved is not divorced from how we live in Burkholder, and this, says Edsel, is the essence of Anabaptism and Christianity. Edsel also discusses Peter Brenemman’s Pride and Humility, available here.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Edsel Burdge
- The Mennonite Experience in the 18th and 19th Centuries
- A 500 Year Walk-through of Mennonite History
- A Vision for the Future Anchored in the Past
- Mennonite Great Awakening: Part 1
- Mennonite Great Awakening: Part 2
- Panel Discussion on Mennonite History
- The Conservative Mennonite Church in 2003
- The Contemporary Mennonite Church in America: An Appraisal