What personal information do we collect from the people that visit The Dock?
When you fill out a form on The Dock, or sign up for an account, you will be asked to enter your email address, information about your educational roles, and other details as appropriate to maintain consistent quality for all users of The Dock.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
- To improve The Dock in order to better serve you.
- T o ask for ratings and reviews of the content on The Dock.
- To follow up with you by email or phone regarding a technical support or content question.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All donations are processed through PayPal and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- If you close a pop-up or message bar on The Dock, a cookie is set to help us avoid showing you that message again.
- We also use Google Analytics cookies to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. These cookies do not identify you personally, but they tell us your location and, in many cases, your device and your demographic information.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser settings vary, look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect your experience except that your site preferences may not be saved and you may need to log in in order to use the Favorites feature.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
The Dock includes links to third-party products or services as well as content embedded from third-party sites such as Vimeo. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We seek to protect the integrity of The Dock and welcome any feedback about these links and content.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on The Dock, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except that they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You should know that
- You can visit The Dock anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by emailing us or by logging in to your account on The Dock.
- We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
- We do not specifically target children under the age of 13.
- We collect email addresses in order to send updates and respond to inquiries
- For regular email updates from The Dock, we agree to
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an update from The Dock.
- Include the physical address of The Dock.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Summing it up:
We have a strong interest in maintaining privacy. We never sell advertising on The Dock, and we will make it our goal to treat your information with the same honor we want our own to be given.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our use of your information, you may contact us on the contact page or use the information below.
28527 Guys Mills Rd
Guys Mills, Pennsylvania 16327
United States of America
Last Edited on 2018-05-18