Brian prepared this syllabus for to guide the use of A Beka’s Physics and several additional materials. However, the document provides a wealth of ideas and structure for any high school physics class.
Physics is an advanced level science class designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and appreciation to enjoy God’s order and laws in creation and their applications in the real world via projects. It includes interactions of matter and energy, velocity, accelerations, force, energy, momentum and electromagnetism. Students will be challenged to apply their knowledge of the laws of physics to solve critical thinking problems and build models that use these principals. Students will complete a long term science project that will count for a large portion of their grade. This will culminate with a presentation on Grandparents Day.
Goals and Aims
- Enjoy thinking rationally and analytically
- Appreciate the law and order that governs the universe
- Be prepared for college level science classes
- Develop general problem solving abilities
- Enable students to utilize strategies for self- assessment to build their capacity to monitor their own learning.
Download the syllabus or read it below.
CONTRIBUTOR: Brian J Martin