Across the country, discipline problems are the number one reason for teachers leaving the classroom. What are some ways to prevent discipline problems? How can a teacher give effective, corrective discipline? This presentation is valuable for new and less experienced teachers.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Howard Bean
SERIES: Teachers Week 2018All items in the series:
- How Do We Nurture Love for God and Others?
- The 4 M's of Effective Objectives: Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Dannie's Choice
- The Exciting Journey: Guiding Your Class to Successful Reading
- Be Sensational: Engaging the Senses to Stimulate Learning
- To Lack Nothing: Why Practice and Teach Spiritual Disciplines?
- This Teachable Moment: Current Events as Opportunities in the Classroom
- Take the Basin and the Towel
- Accomodating Special Needs in the Classroom
- Administrator's Toolbox
- Components of Classroom Culture
- Discipline: Preventative and Corrective
- Foundations of Anabaptism: Reformation Leaders
- Foundations of Anabaptism: Reformation Timeline
- Foundations of Anabaptism: What Can We Learn for Our Day?
- Habits of an Effective Teacher
- Little Stewards, Big Consequences
- Maximizing Teachable Moments in the Classroom: Current Events
- Re-Igniting the Passion to Teach
- Sketch of a Servant Teacher: Servant Teachers
- Sketch of a Servant Teacher: Students of the Master
- Sketch of a Servant Teacher: Teachers of Passion
- Sketch of a Servant Teacher: Teachers Under Authority
- Spiritual Disciplines: How Should We Do Them? Part 2
- Spiritual Disciplines: How Should We Do Them? Part 1
- Spiritual Disciplines: What Are They?
- Spiritual Disciplines: Why Should We Do Them?
- Success in the Individualized Classroom
- Supporting Parents and Selling the Church
- The Age of the iChristian: Finding Our Way Through the Maze of Technology
- The Age of the iChristian: Identifying the Traps
- The Age of the iChristian: Rising to the Challenge
- The Age of the iChristian: Understanding the Impact
- The Heart of Teaching: Engaging with Students and Content
- Promote Excellence: A Christian View
- Choose Your Attitude