Grades 2-4 learn about Cubism, an influential art form in the twentieth century. Cubism is a style of art where “objects are broken up and reassembled in abstract form.” Students create a cubistic star using different textures. This lesson will take two class periods to complete.
Download the lesson plan or read it below.
Download the rubric or read it below.
CONTRIBUTOR: Susanna Nolt
- 1L Grades 2-4 Art Lesson 1, Cave Drawings (Line)
- 2L Grade 2-4 Roman Shield Art and Laurel Wreath Lesson Plan
- 3L Grade 2-4 Renaissance Art Shape Mona Lisa
- Impressionist Indian Corn
- Cubism Star (Texture) Art Lesson
- Japanese Block Painting Art Lesson