The history surrounding the hymn “Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee” by Bernard of Clairvaux. Includes biographical information about the author, literary structure and musical characteristics of the hymn, and suggestions for explaining the hymn to elementary students.
Download this document or read it below.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Betty Yoder
SERIES: Hymn HistoriesAll items in the series:
- History of A Mighty Fortress is our God
- History of Faith of our Fathers
- History of Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- History of Jesus the Very Thought of Thee
- History of Now Thank We All Our God
- History of O God Our Help in Ages Past