How can boards and administrators offer leadership to school staff? Ron encourages leaders to establish a school vision, and to relate activities and evaluations to that vision.
- Function as liaison between school board and faculty
- Conduct teacher meetings weekly usually following a school day.
- Communicate issues/decisions between board and faculty.
- Communicate information to Parents via note or call lists (school closings, delays).
- Assist the board in teacher recruitment as requested.
- Receive, review, and distribute school mail.
- Conduct fire drills.
- Develop and maintain the School Policy Manual, policies such as:
- Conduct rules of the School
- Discipline procedures
- Current Curriculum
- Set-up instructions for special programs. Award Day, Christmas Program, etc.
- School calendar, student lists, etc.
- Assist faculty
- Function as a resource for discipline issues to the faculty.
- Add emphasis to teacher classroom directives.
- Occasionally relieve faculty for appointments, etc. (I do not function as substitute.)
- Occasionally review portions of the CLE Teacher Training Manual with faculty
- Participate with daily devotions
- Assist the School Secretary to plan for next year’s calendar, committee lists, student lists, CAT testing, etc.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Ron Coble
SERIES: CASBI 2018All items in the series:
- Your Teacher's Influence
- Does Your School Endorse Learning By Heart?
- Why Teach Art?
- The School's Role As an Arm of the Church
- Evaluating Seven Elements of Your Home's Influence
- Cultivating a Healthy School Culture
- Schools, Money, Taxes, and the Law
- Interviewing Prospective Teachers
- Equipping and Supporting Your Teachers
- Practical Ways to Become a Team Player
- Establishing School Absence Policies
- Providing Administrative Support for Faculty
- The Time Crunch: Homework, Family Time, School Time
- Schools, Money, Taxes, and the Law (Discussion)
- Ministers Supporting the Board in Difficult Situations
- Where to Find Teachers
- Addressing Technology Issues
- Keeping Confidentiality
- Create a Culture of Service Rather Than Happiness
- The Teacher Is the School
- Technology and Our Children: Addressing a Crisis
- What Is Our Big Why? The Mission for School