How can boards and administrators offer leadership to school staff? Ron encourages leaders to establish a school vision, and to relate activities and evaluations to that vision.
- Function as liaison between school board and faculty
- Conduct teacher meetings weekly usually following a school day.
- Communicate issues/decisions between board and faculty.
- Communicate information to Parents via note or call lists (school closings, delays).
- Assist the board in teacher recruitment as requested.
- Receive, review, and distribute school mail.
- Conduct fire drills.
- Develop and maintain the School Policy Manual, policies such as:
- Conduct rules of the School
- Discipline procedures
- Current Curriculum
- Set-up instructions for special programs. Award Day, Christmas Program, etc.
- School calendar, student lists, etc.
- Assist faculty
- Function as a resource for discipline issues to the faculty.
- Add emphasis to teacher classroom directives.
- Occasionally relieve faculty for appointments, etc. (I do not function as substitute.)
- Occasionally review portions of the CLE Teacher Training Manual with faculty
- Participate with daily devotions
- Assist the School Secretary to plan for next year’s calendar, committee lists, student lists, CAT testing, etc.
- Your Teacher's Influence
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Ron Coble
SERIES: CASBI 2018All items in the series: