Students learn four simple doodling patterns as they use a black sharpie to fill in circles to create flowers. They learn how make butterflies to add to their picture, then finish it with leaves and an additional flower.
Download the lesson plan or read it below.
Unless otherwise noted, you are free to use this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
CONTRIBUTOR: Anita Yoder
SERIES: Elementary Art LessonsAll items in the series:
- Art Lesson Plan: Texture Quilt
- Cool and Warm Colors on Trees
- Ovoid Puffin Art Project
- Sculpting: A Clay Mouse
- A Fall Landscape With A Torn Paper Tree
- Blob Print Butterfly
- Lines and Spaces Art Lesson
- Snowy Winter Night
- Color Wheel Umbrella
- Albrecht Durer and Printing
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Art Lesson
- Mimetic Architecture
- Owl or Bird Silhouette
- Papier-Mâché Cuisine
- Spring Flowers: Doodling Art Lesson
- Snowy Landscape Art Lessons