How do you help your struggling readers to gain confidence and proficiency? Martha Stoltzfus and Karen Yoder share their techniques.
1. Writing stories on the board to help students focus
2. Reading as a group
3. Splitting students into groups for partner reading
4. Using choral reading to add confidence
5. Asking parents to help practice at home
6. Allowing students to practice ahead of time
Karen describes the power of Victory Drills, and recommends an additional resource for reading and math class.
CONTRIBUTOR: Karen Yoder
CONTRIBUTOR: Martha Stoltzfus